Pre and Post NCT Checks
Pre and Post NCT Checks
Is your car due for an NCT and you’re worried it won’t pass? Heard a few strange noises or fear you’ll need a few repairs? We all experience that heart-stopping moment as we wait to see if our vehicles are up to scratch, and with 50% of cars FAILING their first NCT test, it is no surprise that drivers want to do everything they can to pass.
Why choose Sweeney's Garage?
The good news is there is a way to improve your chances, and that is by booking a Pre and Post NCT Checks at Sweeney’s. This includes an in-depth vehicle and full underbody check, focussing particularly on the most common NCT failures. This can save you the stress and costs of failing and rebooking the NCT, or risking fines, penalty points and higher insurance premiums for driving without a valid NCT certificate. It also allows you to get these problems fixed promptly and properly with a no-obligation quote. For just €45, you can get a Pre and Post NCT Checks near you with expert mechanics at a garage with more than 20 years of experience.
Here at Sweeney’s, we offer a range of services to help make sure your car is ready for the NCT. Take advantage of our free 10 point check which includes a quick check of all lights, tyres, your handbrake, suspension, battery and more. We also offer free car collections within 2km, no-obligation quotes and all our employees are experts in servicing cars of any age, make, model or engine.
For a more comprehensive check, we recommend our full pre-NCT service. This involves a more in-depth inspection and a full underbody check for your peace of mind. Our expert mechanics will do everything they can to ensure your car is ready to pass the NCT the first time round and will provide a no-obligation quote for any necessary repairs. This is the most affordable and convenient way for you to avoid failing your NCT and all the costs that come with it, so save yourself the precious time and money by booking a pre-test service with Sweeney’s Garage.
Book a Pre and Post NCT Checks
- Your car has adequate oil and water.
- The boot is empty and your vehicle is clear of all valuables and personal
- The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the underbody).
- The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where wheel nuts are
not visible) and the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
- The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. cam belt/timing belt. You
may be asked to sign a disclaimer at the test centre.
- All seat belts and clips are fully visible (including rear).
- We also recommend that you have your lights checked and set prior to
- Your Vehicle Registration Book, Registration Certificate or Licensing
Certificate is with you when you arrive at the test centre.
- You bring identification (driving licence) with you on the day of the test.
The person who brings the car for inspection brings their identification
with them (driving licence) as failure to provide the required
identification will result in the vehicle not being issued an NCT certificate
at the time of testing
- You have your test fee of €55.00, plus any cancellation fee (if applicable)
payable by cash, laser card and all major credit cards (excluding American
- Your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the
test centre for inspection
- Your registration plates comply with current regulations