Sweeneys garage offer 2 types of pre N.C.T inspection :
Check condition of each tyre, Check thread dept, inflate tyre to correct pressure
Full bulb check
Window Wipers: front and rear
Visually check dashboard warning lights
Sweeneys garage recommends that tyre pressures are checked regulary.
please ask our manager to show you how we perform any of the above tests
For quality information please see http://www.carcare.org/car-care-service-schedules/general-service-schedule/
Pre NCT costs €45.00, it takes 1 hour approx and we give a written report.
Free in Ballyfermot Sweeneys Garage.
If you go and have your car tested, you can bring us in the report we will gladly look over it and advise, Sweeneys garage has a policy if we carry out any repair and the car fails after work is carried out we will refund the next re test fee and offer to use our time to take your car for the re test. Thats Sweeneys Garage service
Service Brake Pedal
Service Brake Operation (Inspection inside the Vehicle)
Mechanical Brake Hand Lever
Parking Brake Performance
Brake Fluid – Brake Lines / Hoses Brake
Wheel Units – Mechanical Brake Components – Master Cylinders / Servo / Valves / Connections
Exhaust Lambda sensor
Exhaust System / Noise
Mechanical Brake Hand Lever
Tyre Tread – Wheels
Spare Wheel and Carrier
Wheel Bearings Wheels: Tyres
Registration Plate Lamps
Indicators / Tell Tales – Side Lamps
Aux Lamp Condition
Aux Lamp Aim
Reflectors Steering : Suspension
Steering Wheel Play
Front Axle Suspension bushes
Rear Axle Suspension bushes
Shock Absorber Condition
Rear Suspension – Rear Springs
Chassis: Under body
Bodywork – Chassis condition
Under body condition Electric
Glass : Mirrors
Windscreen Wipers and Washers
Glass, windscreen and all glass condition
Rear View Mirrors
Transmission, leaks and general condition
Seats and anchorage
Fuel System, leaks
Towing Bracket / Coupling
We offer the above complete pre NCT for €45.00. If repairs are required we will give you a written quotation and agree the price before any work is carried out. If in the unlikely event that your car fails the test, bring it to us and we will take the €45 0ff any repairs that are needed.
A pre nct inspection does not guarantee a pass when you visit the centre, however it will significantly increase your chances of a pass, did you know if your engine is very low on oil or very overfilled the N.C.T will not do the smoke test which is a complete waste of your money, our advice is at a minimum go to one of Sweeneys garage’s and get a free inspection we will definitally pick up on items like this
Here is the minimum requirements as per the N.C.T website
PLEASE PREPARE FOR YOUR NCT BY ENSURING THAT:
- Your car has adequate oil and water.
- The boot is empty and your vehicle is clear of all valuables and personal belongings.
- The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the underbody).
- The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where wheel nuts are not visible) and the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
- The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. cam belt / timing belt. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer at the test centre.
- All seat belts and clips are fully visible (including rear).
- We also recommend that you have your lights checked and set prior to the NCT.
- Your Vehicle Registration Book, Registration Certificate or Licensing Certificate is with you when you arrive at the test centre.
- You bring identification (driving licence) with you on the day of the test. The person who brings the car for inspection brings their identification with them (driving licence) as failure to provide the required identification will result in the vehicle not being issued an NCT certificate at the time of testing.
- You have your test fee of €55.00, plus any cancellation fee (if applicable) payable by cash, laser card and all major credit cards (excluding American Express).
- Your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the test centre for inspection
- Your registration plates comply with current regulations If the above items are not taken care of, NCTS may be unable to test your vehicle.